Tuesday, March 22, 2011

I still remember the look on your face

I do recall now the smell of the rain
Fresh on the pavement, I ran off the plane
That Dec 17 the beat of your heart
It jumps through your shirt, I can still feel your arms

Because I loved your handshake
I love how you walk
There's not a day I don't miss those rude interruptions

And I'll go, sit on the floor wearing your clothes
All that I know is I don't know
How to be something you miss

Never imagined we'd end like this
Your name, forever the name on my lips

So I'll watch your life in pictures like I used to watch you sleep
And I'll feel you forget me like I use to feel you breathe
And I'll keep up with our old friends just to ask them how you are
Hope it's nice where you are

And I hope the sun shines and it's a beautiful day
And something reminds you, you wish you had stayed
We can plan for a change in weather and time
I never planned on you changing your mind

No comments:

Post a Comment